May 13, 2008

What the hell happened to Monday?

A morning discussing the synopsis with Rita was time well spent. Now, if only I can find someone who writes the sort of storyline that I do then I'm in business trying to find a good agent and publisher. Trouble is I think I am the only one with my sense of 'other worldliness'. I seem to see the 'what if' factor in everything I do. Mind you, I don't do much nowadays other than write. Must get back to the gym.

Well, it's been a beautiful day- the sun has been kind and Millie is back in the land of the living, thank God (or whatever force makes the sun shine).

Tried to vote for the amazing young diver, Tom Daley, but the Sun (not that sun) site wanted me to take a free trial of something called High Beam before it would let me vote - what sort of sharp practise is that? I feel a letter coming on. Actually a letter has come - and gone. I sent a missive to the Herald advertising my displeasure at this shoddy sales pitch.

Now, this next bit is important as it will figure in the future of everything, believe me:
The very word "secrecy" is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths and to secret proceedings. We decided long ago that the dangers of excessive and unwarranted concealment of pertinent facts far outweighed the dangers, which are cited to justify it.
President John F. Kennedy
Address to Newspaper Publishers
April 27, 1961

No comments: